¨ICE!¨ At Gaylord Rockies

Gaylord Rockies has opened up its holiday tradition, “ICE!” This year’s ice exhibition has used  more than a million pounds of ice to celebrate the Christmas movie”A Christmas Story.”

Gaylord Rockies said specialized ice carvers began with 6,000 ice blocks to create the 17,000-square-foot frozen attraction.The carvers began work on the exhibition in October. The forty artists traveled all the way from Harbin, China, home to the world’s largest annual ice and snow sculpting festival. 

Colored ice, clear ice and LED lights have created 10 scenes from “A Christmas Story,” including the old man’s major award, Aunt Clara’s pink nightmare, the ultimate tongue to freezing pole. The exhibition will also has two-story-tall ice slides, ice tunnels and arches and a separate area dedicated to an elegant Nativity scene, to help everyone remember why we really celebrate Christmas.

The environment is kept frozen by a chilling system that maintains the attraction’s temperature at 9 degrees Fahrenheit. Guests get to wear a blue coat to stay warm inside the exhibition. Additionally, right after you exit there is a gift shop with many Christmas goodies, Build A Bear, and miniature winter wonderland to explore. 

I ¨ triple dog dare¨, you to go!