Scoop on Scoops

Scoop on Scoops

The Scoop on Scoops

There are over 1,000 ice cream flavors and more are being made every day. With all of these flavors, the pick can become overwhelming. Some can’t have ice cream without chocolate but others need a more fresh ice cream. However, most ice cream shops, don’t give me the full scoop. They are stingy with everything and just want to give more money for less product. But some give way more than a scoop to the point where it i double what I asked for. I went to two different shops around the Central Park and Park Hill area. 

The first shop I went to was Sweet Cow Creamery in the Stanley Marketplace. To make this experiment fair I just asked for a single scoop of plain vanilla ice cream. After a short wait, I got my ice cream. I had my dad grab a double scoop for comparison, and my friend got what they call a “mini scoop” for kids. The mini scoop was small but what shocked me was the single scoop wasn’t as big as I would have hoped. The double that my dad had got was much larger than the single as expected but I would have liked it to be the single because really, it wasn’t that much. Now the ice cream scoop also does make a difference. With the open-end scooper, it is proven that there is a hollow spot in the ice cream because it rolls the cream around the “spoon-like scoop”. This left me with even less ice cream. However, I went back the next weekend and got a split single containing two flavors in a cake cone. The scoops were massive. I say scoops because there were two “single scoops” on top of each other. This was a lot of ice cream. Not a single but not big enough for a double. 

The second shop was in Park Hill band on Colfax was Nuggs. I got the same thing as I did at Sweetcow,  a single scoop of vanilla ice cream. They scooped it out with a giant ice cream scoop and assumed the scoop was massive. But is it a single scoop?  That’s a tricky question because that day I was craving some ice cream and loved the size but if I was trying to cut down on ice cream, it probably wouldn’t be the best thing. It was really good ice cream and was placed in a cup that could easily be a double at a sweet cow. 

All in all, it just depends on cravings for me. If you want a nice big scoop, Nuggs is the way to go. But maybe for a young child, Sweet Cow is the way to go and is cheaper.