Down In the Basement

There was a little girl named Jamie who lived in the countryside of Jamaica when she was twelve years old but she lived in the middle of nowhere, sort of … odd maybe creepy in a subtle way to put it, I guess. Strange enough on a Sunday night she was home alone finishing up some homework for school last minute when she heard the side door of the house open, not the front but the side “What the–” she thought in confusion, was her mom or dad home, why the side door, was there something wrong with the front. Right after the door slammed shut footsteps followed down the stairs to the basement, “Not gonna say hi, huh?” Jamie said aloud but no response, just silence.

She found it weird but continued on with her work like nothing happened. Two hours later she finally finished her work and began to walk towards the kitchen, “Mom, Dad, either or, can one of y’all make me some tomato soup, I’m hungry!” she shouted to make sure they heard her but no reply. Nothing…“Mom…..Dad?”, now Jamie was beginning to get scared, I mean they lived in the middle of nowhere in f***ing Jamaica and the crime rate is hot, all she was thinking was what ifs. Which is not good considering the situation. Then out of nowhere…she hears a munch, eating, chewing. She thought she lost her mind but no, it was coming from downstairs.

Louder, Louder, LOUDER! The sounds got closer and closer but no figure, not even a shadow of some sort. Jamie decided to move closer and closer and closer. Then out of nowhere, a hand grabbed her ankle and she got dragged down the basement stairs, head bumping every stair with blood suddenly pouring out of the top of her head, her ears, and nose, then eventually blacking out. Jamie wakes up but something doesn’t look right, something doesn’t look … human? “Mom, Dad, I’m sorry but what did I do tell me and I’ll fix it,” she said her voice shaking uncontrollably. “Stop, wait, I’m sorry, wait, ImsSorry, STOP–” The echo of Jamie’s screech ran in circles until finally halting to a stop. Blood stains and tears were found left at the scene but no….Jamie….huh?