The Capybara

Getty Images
Brazil wildlife. Capybara, Hydrochoerus hydrochaeris, Biggest mouse near the water with evening light during sunset, Pantanal, Brazil. Wildlife scene from nature. Orange evening with cute mammal.

It was a dark and stormy night, and a group of friends had decided to go camping in the Amazon rainforest. They set up their tents near a river and as they were preparing to settle down for the night, they noticed a strange rustling sound coming from the nearby bushes. Suddenly, a massive creature emerged from the bushes, a capybara, but one unlike anyone had ever seen before. Its eyes were glowing red, and its fur was matted and dark. The friends were terrified, but they tried to stay calm and still, hoping the creature would go away. But the capybara had other plans. It began to circle their tents, snarling and growling. One of the friends tried to scare it away with a stick, but all it did was anger the creature even more. As the night wore on, the friends realized that they were trapped. The Capybara was too big and strong for them to fend off, they were too far from civilization to get help. Just when they thought all was lost, they heard a strange noise coming from the river. It was a pack of jaguars, drawn by the scent of the capybara. The capybara, sensing the danger, fled into the forest. The friends were relieved and grateful to be alive, but they knew they would never forget this terrifying experience, when they came face to face with a real-life monster.