Lionel Messi Wins 8th Ballon D’or

Aitana Bonmati Wins Ballon D’or Feminin
Lionel Messi Wins 8th Ballon Dor

Soccer’s most prestigious awards, the Ballon D’or were given out in Paris, France on Monday, October 30, 2023, and “La Pulga” Lionel Messi won his 8th trophy giving him more trophies than any other country.

Messi was an obvious podium contender after leading the Argentine national team to the World Cup and being involved in every goal they scored in the finals (2g, 1a) and being named the tournament MVP, he might have been in discussion without moving to Inter Miami. He made headlines because the player widely regarded as the GOAT was coming to the MLS, a league without many good players. But he quickly made an impact, scoring 9 goals in his first six games, helping Inter Miami win the Leagues Cup. But even the “GOAT” couldn’t save Miami’s doomed season, as they had lost 11 straight league games.

Messi already had set the record for most Ballon D’or’s by a single player with seven. But Emiliano Martinez won the best goalkeeper award and Vinicius Jr. won the Socrates award for his charity work. Aitana Bonmatí won the Ballon D’or Feminin, as the centerpiece of the Barcelona Women’s Team, assisting them in their quest to win three major league titles.

Lionel Messi is the disputed best soccer player in history but many people like Christiano Ronaldo, but Messi has won more awards. All in all, people should celebrate this achievement and aspire to accomplish a similar feat.