The Truth About Popular Drinks

The Truth About Popular Drinks

All around the world people drink soda, juice, etc but do people actually realize what goes into our bodies when we drink these substances? I mean sure if they make it themselves, for example, put bananas, blueberries, and strawberries into a blender, you take a sip and it’s delicious but what about buying these things at the grocery store or a restaurant? No one would necessarily know what’s inside the drink, right? Unless, that is, they start reading off the ingredients but let’s say someone tries to read the ingredients on the back of a soda can and it says ‘sodium benzoate’ and whatnot, most people don’t even know what that is unless they look it up.  

So let’s see what people really put in their system. First, let’s start with when soda or juice goes into your mouth. With all the grams of sugar and acids, what do you think is going to happen to your teeth? They’re going to rot and or decay, giving people not only cavities but some ugly canines. Most popular sodas or juices like Coca-Cola have 25 to 39 grams of sugar, Dr _epper 30 to 40g, Pepsi 41g, apple juice 24g, Gatorade 36g, etc., just going to show how much sugar you digest and gulp down. But carbonic acid (which is common in most sodas) decays at the tooth creating little cracks for cavities to form. 

However, these acids do play a part in sodas. Helping reduce bacteria and fungi while also giving the soda a distinctive flavor. Caffeine, hydration, easing nausea and or stomach ache, all these are positives of soda but that doesn’t change the fact that it causes diabetes, obesity, tooth decay, and different types of cancer. In juice, you know oj (orange juice), apple juice, maybe even cranberry juice makes you fat. What I’m trying to say is do you realize what goes into your mouth before you drink it?

Although it’s not good for you (juice/soda) it tastes good and makes you want more of that flavor. Meanwhile, things like plain old water don’t have a flavor that draws in someone with a sweet tooth, such as kids, teens, and really hyper adults. The moral of the story is while something may taste good and give you that one wanting feeling it can also have a lot of consequences. Some positives but mostly negatives.