Connor Bedard Will be the Next Great NHL Talent

Connor Bedard Will  be the Next Great NHL Talent

Connor Bedard is a Canadian professional ice hockey player for the Chicago Blackhawks of the National Hockey League (NHL). Only 18, he has already impressed many, In previous seasons Connor had played in the WHL ( Professional Western Hockey League) and performed exceptionally. In his 2022-2023 season with the Regina Pats, he played 57 games, scored 74 goals, and had 72 assists while only being 17.

Bedard was born on July 17, 2005, and grew up in Vancouver, British Columbia, with his parents, Tom and Melanie, and sister. Bedard played minor hockey with West Vancouver Academy Prep of the Canadian Sport School Hockey League. While playing with this school’s U15 and U18 teams, Bedard led the league in goals and points and was named Most Valuable Player both years.

On June 28, 2023, the Chicago Blackhawks selected Bedard first overall in the 2023 NHL Entry Draft and only in his short time with the Blackhawks he has already impressed the organization, scoring one goal in his most recent game and producing many clips on social media. Bedard also played on the u18 Canadian Boys hockey team where he won a gold medal, tying for second in the tournament in points and earning a spot on the media all-star team.

Overall Bedard is considered one of the most exciting and potentially amazing hockey prospects and is destined to make a huge impact on the league.