The Best NBA Prospect since Lebron James

The best NBA prospect since Lebron James is Victor Wembanyama. Victor must be the real deal because Lebron James is one of the best basketball players ever. Wembanya was the first pick in the 2023 pick which was a no-doubt pick for the San Antonio Spurs. Victor is already one of the best basketball players to come out of France because of all the skills he has at such a young age. He is already being compared to Kevin Durant, Rudy Gobert, and Kristaps Porzingis who are some of the best NBA players in the league right now.

Wembanyama was born on January 4, 2004, in Nanterre, France he is 19 years old now. Victor got the basketball gene from his mom Elodie de Fautereau who taught him the game of Basketball. Also, Victor’s Dad Felix Wembanyama is a former track and field athlete. His parents encouraged Victor to play professional basketball so in October of 2018 Victor made his professional debut with the Nanterre 92. Wembanyama was 15 when he made his debut and was the 2nd youngest player ever to play in the Eurocup. Victor played with Nanterre 92 from 2019 to 2021 and he was awarded a LNB all-star and a Pro A best young player award in 2021 with Nanterre 92.

Victor Wembanyama then played with the Asvel Basket, another Pro A team, and averaged 9.4 points, 5.1 rebounds, and 1.8 blocks per game. It was the second year in a row Wembanyama was named Best Young Player award and he was a LNB all-star. In the all-star game, he won the MVP in the game. After one season with the Asvel Basket in the 2021-22 season he went to the Boulogne-Levallois Metropolitans 92. The Metropolitans 92 are in the highest LNB Pro A league in France. Victor’s stats with the Metropolitans 92 was he averaged 21.6 points, 10.4 rebounds, and 3 blocks per game. Since he had such a good year he got the Pro A MVP and in that season he won the Pro A championship, Pro A best scorer, Pro A best defender, and All-Pro A first team. Also for the third time in a row, he got awarded the Pro A Best Young Player award.

After Wembanyama got drafted he played his first summer league game in July. In his first game, Victor scored only 9 points while shooting 2-13 from the floor and a lot of people thought he was already going to be a draft bust. But in his second game he had 27 points and 12 rebounds. He shot way better than in his first game with shooting 9-14 from the field and had multiple blocks in each of his games. He only played in two summer league games so that he wouldn’t get hurt. Victor will have a long road ahead of him of not trying to get injured because usually people of his height get injured in their legs. But Victor has been putting in the work of trying to prevent not getting injured. It will be exciting to see Victor play because of all the work he has put in and all the skill he has so Victor is set up for an exciting career.