Colorado Weather

Colorado Weather

The weather in Colorado is known for its wildly varying patterns, but it is perhaps most unpredictable in the spring. One day you could be basking in the sunshine, enjoying the mild temperatures and the beautiful blooms of spring, and the next day you could be shoveling your driveway after a snowstorm. And just when you think winter has returned, the temperature might soar to 80 degrees, leaving you wondering what season it is. The weather in Colorado is certainly never boring, and the springtime is no exception.

It’s interesting to note that the weather in Colorado is known for its unpredictability regardless of the season. This is because Colorado is located far from any oceans, which would otherwise stabilize daily and seasonal temperatures. Additionally, the state’s high elevation and mid-latitude interior continent geography results in a cool, dry, and invigorating climate. 

It’s worth mentioning that Colorado has experienced some of the largest temperature changes in the United States. For instance, on December 14-16, 2008, the state witnessed a massive temperature change of 76 degrees within just two days. During that time, the temperature dropped from a comfortable 58°F to a frigid -18°F. It’s no wonder that people living in Colorado are always prepared for anything when it comes to the weather.

The weather forecast for the next ten days predicts that the temperature will remain consistent. The temperature range for the upcoming days is expected to be between 80 to 31 degrees. However, there will be a significant change in temperature from Friday to Saturday, with the highs dropping from 68 to 45 degrees and the lows decreasing from 42 to 39 degrees. Additionally, there are chances of thunderstorms on Friday and a 90% chance of rain on Saturday. It’s worth noting that this isn’t the most significant temperature change that Colorado has experienced lately. Just last week, the temperature went from approximately 80 degrees to 40 degrees in just one day.