Frozen Cast Surprises Mr. Dennis

To thank Mr. Dennis for all his help last year with the Newsies play, the Frozen cast produced a heartwarming performance outside his house. With the help of parents willing to drive kids over to Northfield, the cast of Frozen drove to Mr Dennis’s house to sing him “Let It Go” after rehearsal last Monday. Directors Dawn Owens and Jennifer Carrabetta communicated with Kurt Dennis’s wife to set up the surprise and kept it a secret from him. 

As we know, former McAuliffe principal Kurt Dennis was a major part of last year’s production of Newsies, his support, and encouragement helped everyone pull through the long hours and put together an amazing show. He worked hard to make the school play happen and we couldn’t have done it again this year without his help.

“We just wanted to say thank you to Mr Dennis because he is the reason we are able to do this (Frozen). He was so supportive every step of the way, and this musical would not exist without his leadership and support,” says director Dawn Owens.

All the students miss Mr. Dennis very much and were ecstatic to see him and do something special for him. He was equally as grateful as he started tearing up with joy at the sight of his former students.