Auroras vs. Cosmos

On the 13th of February, 2024 a member from the 6th grade culture team came to each 6th grade homeroom and told 6th graders all the announcements that would have come in the morning meeting that did not take place in February. One of the announcements the 6th grade culture team announced, was a competition between the Auroras (North house) and Cosmos (South house). The dress code competition. An interview with Ms. Cecilia has revealed the reason for the dress code competition.

“The dress code competition is good because we get to reinforce the dress code, and it’ll be a good reminder for the kids in my house,” A 6th grader said.

“We’ve noticed a lot of kids out of dress code recently and we made the competition as a way to re-enforce the dress code.” Ms. Cecilia said. Each morning members of the 6th grade culture team check all the classrooms in the morning and track the amount of kids out of dress code. Whichever house has the most kids out of dress code the opposing team will get the point. The competition lasts from February 13th – March 1st. The prize is something that probably every kid wishes for, a dress-down day. The 6th-grade culture team will choose a designated day and on that day, the winning house will get to wear whatever they want as long as it’s still school-appropriate. So if you’re in 6th grade and want to win that dress-down day, better make sure to stay in uniform!