McAuliffe’s Frozen Jr. Performance

For the last couple of months, McAuliffe has been working tirelessly to prepare our 2nd annual extracurricular drama performance! Following the 2023 Newsies show, over 150 students have been operating with the directors, Mrs. Dawn Owens and Mrs. Jen Carabetta, to put on a spectacular production!

So many students have found Frozen to be a transformative experience, offering them new opportunities. 8th grader Piper Clarke notes, “I think the best part of Frozen has been kind of living out my childhood dream, I have videos of when I was little singing Let it Go. I will probably remember this for a very long time.” Additionally, 7th grader Briar Roach explains, “My favorite part of putting on the show is learning all the fun dance moves and making new friends.”

Frozen is lots of fun! When you sign up, get ready for a roller coaster of emotions as you truly embody your character. 8th grader Willa Schneider states, “My character is Weselton and I think he would go to the pool in a Speedo, he would definitely be like an old person on a dating site.”

There’s no need to worry about auditioning or performing because the community built during Frozen is tight-knit and supportive and you’ll have fun no matter what. 7th grader Cece Palsco notes, “I have learned that there are no small roles, even though I am Middle Elsa and a Snow Dancer, both roles contribute a lot to the entire show and I have found it fun to play each!”

Students! While many McAuliffe thespians strongly encourage participation in our extracurricular play, be ready to work hard! Cece Palsco explains, “I imagined that this play would be kind of just for fun, but I have realized that it’s a lot more than that. The people I have worked with have been trying their hardest and putting in the work.” Piper Clarke explains, “Make sure you’re ready to spend lots of time practicing and working for the show! It’s a big privilege to be able to participate.”

Our actors have some tips for any aspiring thespians out there! 7th grader Summer Pierce notes, “I am able to balance frozen with my personal life because I was able to move my after school activities to times that wouldn’t interrupt Frozen.” We stick to a strict rehearsal structure and every minute of lines or choreography counts! Be ready to open up your schedule to accommodate for the production!

Make sure to pay a visit to one of our Frozen, Jr. shows on February 27th, 28th, 29th, and March 1st at 6:30 p.m. in the McAuliffe Auditorium! Use the link below to buy tickets:

https://search.seatyourself.biz/webstore/accounts/mcauliffe/buy-tix

See you there!