The ‘American Murder’

On August 13th, 2018 34-year-old Shanann Watts, 8-year-old Bella Watts, and 3-year-old Celeste Watts were reported missing by  Shanann’s friend Nicole Atkinson. Shanann failed to return Nicole’s several texts and calls after dropping her off from a business trip from Arizona. Shanann didn’t appear at her gynecologist appointment either. Shanann was 15 weeks pregnant. 

Christopher Watts and Shanann Watts met in 2010 and got married in 2012. They had 2 beautiful girls Bella and Celeste Watts. On Shanann’s Facebook page, it seemed like they were a perfect family, posting pictures of her family and making vlogs. But, Shanann began to notice that Christoper was growing increasingly distant. She had suspicions that Christoper was cheating on her and desperately tried to save their marriage. 

Christoper was cheating on Shanann with his Co-worker and convinced his mistress that he was in the process of finalizing his divorce when this wasn’t true. Christoper knew that Shanann wouldn’t give up their relationship that easily and file for divorce. That’s when Christoper had an idea. 

In the early hours of August 13th, 2018, Christoper Watts strangled his wife Shannon Watts until she stopped breathing. He then threw Shannon in the trunk of his pickup truck he made his 2 daughters Bella and Celeste sit in the back while he drove them 60 miles away from their home to an oil storage site where Christoper Watts worked. He then threw Shannon in a Shallow grave he dug and then smuggled his 2 daughters and threw Bella and Celeste into the oil tanks to mask the smell of decomposition, Located 100 feet away from their mother’s grave.

The lives of 3 beautiful kids and a loving mother were taken away that day just because Christoper Watts no longer loved his wife. Christoper thought that this would be the solution to his problems.

View Comments (3)