Fidget Spinners Are Learning Tools

Jo'Nelle Taylor, Writer

FIDGET SPINNERS!! Do you remember fidget spinners? If you don’t remember them, or never saw them, “A fidget spinner is a toy that consists of a ball bearing in the center of a multi-lobed (typically two or three) flat structure made from metal or plastic designed to spin along its axis with very little effort. Fidget spinners became trending toys in 2017, although similar devices had been invented as early as 1993.” They were designed to help people calm and focus. 

Some people say that “Fidget spinners can be helpful for students”, while others say “Fidget spinners are just toys that cause a lot of distractions.” I agree with it being able to help people! Fidget spinners are little toys that have a ball in the middle that spins around and around. The ball can help kids focus by spinning the ball in your hand or spinning it on a smoothing surface. The rotation of the spin could help people fidget with something during class.

Lastly, fidget spinners could help kids because, just like other fidget toys, they help maybe district the mind or make the mind focus on something important. Some schools started to ban fidget spinners in 2017 thru 2018 because they said “It distracts our kids”. On the other hand, many students claim, that fidget spinners help them calm down and be able to focus better at school.