High School Pt.4

Syd Turner, Writer

The man takes off his mask. It was him. I started into his evil dark grey eyes. That used to be warm and fuzzy just a couple of hours ago.

“Hi, sweetheart.” My dad says, with a grin on his face.

I close my eyes feeling all the eyes burning into my back from my fellow students. I open my eyes, but I don’t look at him, I stare at Jordan. Her eyes were wide with shock. I don’t know if I have ever seen her eyes so big.

“Dad, why are you doing this?” I questioned.

“It’s for the good of the people Honey.” He replied, sounding very confident in himself.

I tried to shake the thought out of my head that my dad would be going to jail. I shivered. All of a sudden I saw a movement in the window. It was the principle. She looked in, her eyes were wide. She ran down the hall, you could only hear the slight tap of her footsteps. I was probably the only one that could hear. I was the closest to the wall. I inhaled a small shaky breath.

“How is this for the good of the people?” I asked my dad.

“Lemme show you.” He replied, doing his evil smirk thing again. He waved his hand and the 12 other people took off their masks. I knew them all. Well didn’t exactly know them. I had seen them come into the house. And then go into dad’s office.

“I don’t understand,” I muttered.

“You see,” My dad says striding over to me, “some people in this community are so bad. Like you even said Mr.Cunnings was very annoying and you hated him.” My teacher looks at me in shock.

“Sure he’s not my favorite teacher but that doesn’t mean you have to bring your whole gang here and kill him!” I explain.

My father’s face didn’t move. He really thought he was doing the right thing. I inhale again, this time tasting the horrible cologne he was wearing. I squeeze my eyes shut. Hoping that it’s a dream, a bad one, the one that I could eventually wake up from. But it didn’t happen, I was stuck, and I couldn’t get out.