Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning

Ari Druck, Writer

Peyton Manning born on March, 24 1976(44 years old) was born in New Orleans, Louisiana. Peyton’s family consists of his mom, Olivia Williams Manning, his dad, Archie played quarterback, on the New Orleans Saints, Minnesota Viking, and Houston Oiler who are now the Tennessee Titans. His brother Eli played quarterback on the New York Giants and won 2 super bowls, and his other brother Cooper played high school football with Peyton playing Wide Receiver who never made the NFL but was a great receiver. When Peyton was 22 he was the number 1 overall pick in the 1998 NFL draft to the Indianapolis Colts. Peyton’s rookie season he put up 3,739, 26 touchdowns, and 28 interceptions, he ended up playing 14 seasons in Indianapolis. Then in 2012 he was traded to the Denver Broncos and played with them for 4 seasons before retiring in 2016. Manning has the NFl record for most MVPs with 5, he won 2 super bowls, one with the colts in 2007 and one with the Broncos in 2016. Manning has 557 career touchdowns, 251 interceptions and, 3rd all time in career passing yards with 71,940. Peyton was married in 2001 to Ashley Thompson and they have 2 kids, Marshall and Mosley, both 9 years old, who are twins.