TikTok Stars in Movies

TikTok Stars in Movies

Jaliyah Clark, Writer

TikTok star Addison Rae is going to star in the remake of the 1990’s classic teen comedy She’s All That released sometime in 2021. It was announced that there would be a remake of  She’s all that, but it would be gender-swapped to He’s All That.

Addison Rae Easterling is one of the most popular creators on the app of TikTok. TikTok is an app that showcases dance moves in short video clips. Before her fame she went to Louisiana State University and she started using the app before freshman year. “I initially found out about TikTok through a lot of young girls at my school and in my dance studio,” she explained in an April interview with Business Insiders. “I remember being in a few of them, and after a while I downloaded it, not thinking I was going to post.”

On campus she started to notice that her videos were going viral. Many people loved her cool dance moves. “Dancing has always been a huge part of my life and honestly, I contribute so much of my TikTok growth to me being raised as a dancer,” she said. As her career progressed she dropped out of college and moved to Los Angeles to focus on her career. Ever since then her career has skyrocketed. According to Forbes, Addison is the highest paid creator on the app making $5 million a year. She has done sponsored posts for Reebok, Daniel Wellington, and many more.

Rae will play a role that is like Freddie Prinze Jr.’s in the original film. “This reboot is a welcomed step towards a new generation of Miramax storytelling, part of our greater strategy to leverage our existing library with fresh, re-imagined content in both film and TV,” said Miramax CEO Bill Block in a statement.

Many people are scared that Addison will stand out and ruin the movie, but others are excited to see the person they admire on the big screen!