High School

Syd Turner, Writer

Chapter One:

High School

It was Friday afternoon the last day before Thanksgiving break, and everyone was exited.  I don’t know why I wasn’t exited, last year when I had just started high school I was exited for any break, even if it was just at the end of the day or week. For me High school is a form of torture.  I watch kids get bullied down the hall and no one does anything about it. As the end of class bells ring, I walk out the door with my grey Fjallraven backpack, and I walk to my locker.

“Hi Bella!” I hear my best friend Mia say as I pass her and open my locker right next to hers.

“So what’s your plans for the weekend?” I ask as I look into the mirror in my locker, fixing my thick and straight blonde hair while I straighten the collar of my white shirt under my light blue sweater.

“Nothing much. What about you?” She inquires in-between swooshes of putting clear lip gloss on her natural pink lips.

“Same.” I answer.

“Hi there.” The popular girl Emma says as she walks by. Mia and I are in a complicated group. We aren’t exactly popular, or nerdy, or cheerleaders, or mean girls. We are just us, and we are alright with that. Brrring The sound of the school bell pierces thought the air.

“Oh no!” I screech.

“We’re going to be late!” Mia adds. We sprint down the hall holding what’s left of our backpacks. With each step my backpack seemed to get lighter. Then there was a thud about a half a second later. As we ran down the hall binders, notebooks, pens, and pencils where scattered  everywhere.

We skid to a halt and slide with the last remaining ounce of speed into the classroom.

“Take a seat ladies, we we’re just about to start.”  Mr. Cunnings announced. We sit down next to the rest of our friend group, Jonathan, Jordan, and Simone.

“So what’d we miss?” I whispered to my right into Jordan’s ear.

“Nothing much,” She says, “Just Mr. Cunnings showing a slideshow of pictures about his new cat.”

“Do you have something to say Mrs. Minorsa?” Mr. Cunnings questioned.

“No sir.” Jordan stammered, her face flushing  with embarrassment. We get started having a conversation about how our school was going to save energy. And thats when my whole life changed. There was a loud knock on the door of the classroom door. And outside was a S.W.A.T team.