US Status In the World Cup


Addie Wardell, Writer

In the World Cup so far the US has won 3 games, tied 4 games, and lost 1 game. On December 3rd, 2022 the US is going to play the Netherlands. Overall we have scored 38 goals and are hoping to win the next few games.

The teams they beat lost to and tied to are all on this list. The US beat Morocco on June 1st, they also beat Grenada on June 10th, beat Iran on November 29th, then tied to Uruguay on June 6th, then tied to El Salvador on June 14th, tied to Wales on November 21st, tied to England on November 25th, and lost to Japan on September 23rd.

If you were to guess how many goals we are going to score in the next game it is probably a lot. The Netherlands have a 40% chance of winning, there is a 30% U.S. will win, and a 30% chance of a draw. The U.S. has only gotten past round 16 once. This will be the first time since 2010 that they might win. In 2010 the U.S. men’s soccer team won the World Cup since Landon Donovan scored the game winning goal.